So....In the Past Three Weeks We...
Celebrated Christmas Eve with my dad's family.
Learned to make these beautiful 3-dimensional snowflakes.
Had the best time with my two college aged sisters! (Including an all-sisters sushi night!)
Ate too much.
Enjoyed time in the country with all its unique beauty.
Let the kids do farm-things.
Dressed the baby like a candy cane!
Gave the 6 year old a weapon!
Gave the 3 year old A LOT of cars.
Shared the prep-work and hosted my first Christmas dinner.
Assembled!
Cooked!
Had a Family Lunch and Baby Dedication.
Visited the location of our church's next mission trip.
Tried to envision how it will all fit together.
Bought flowers for myself from my husband!
Enjoyed them for almost three weeks.
Played and played and played.
Painted by number.
Had healthy snacks.
Reviewed history.
Took a nature walk on a day when the boys had to have their binoculars.
Found moss growing in the wash behind our house! (Really? In this desert? What a miracle.)
Drew.
All got sick! +/- bronchiolitis +/- ear infections.
Finally put Kleenex on the porch because I was tired of running back and forth into the house.
Played outside anyway. Yes, mother-of-the-year, my kids never wear shoes.
Drove to Phoenix for the first day of the legislative session.
Happy 100th birthday Arizona.
Assembled new bookshelves.
Rearranged.
Went to Goodwill.
Procrastinated on the rest of the rearranging, decluttering, packing, donating.
Relaxed.
Played Wii.
And wore everyone out.
We probably did more than that, but three weeks is a long time to re-cap. And I was one of the ones with an ear infection...and walking around with a muffled/amplified ear has made me feel totally out-of-sync. And if I don't take pictures I virtually have no memory of it (sad, but true)!
Once I put the Christmas tree away...and get my life organized...and my head clears this fog...and I make 100 more trips to Goodwill...maybe, just maybe, I'll be back to blogging.
I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Learned to make these beautiful 3-dimensional snowflakes.
Had the best time with my two college aged sisters! (Including an all-sisters sushi night!)
Ate too much.
Enjoyed time in the country with all its unique beauty.
Let the kids do farm-things.
Dressed the baby like a candy cane!
Gave the 6 year old a weapon!
Gave the 3 year old A LOT of cars.
Shared the prep-work and hosted my first Christmas dinner.
Assembled!
Cooked!
Had a Family Lunch and Baby Dedication.
Visited the location of our church's next mission trip.
Tried to envision how it will all fit together.
Bought flowers for myself from my husband!
Enjoyed them for almost three weeks.
Played and played and played.
Painted by number.
Had healthy snacks.
Reviewed history.
Took a nature walk on a day when the boys had to have their binoculars.
Found moss growing in the wash behind our house! (Really? In this desert? What a miracle.)
Drew.
All got sick! +/- bronchiolitis +/- ear infections.
Finally put Kleenex on the porch because I was tired of running back and forth into the house.
Played outside anyway. Yes, mother-of-the-year, my kids never wear shoes.
Drove to Phoenix for the first day of the legislative session.
Happy 100th birthday Arizona.
Assembled new bookshelves.
Rearranged.
Went to Goodwill.
Procrastinated on the rest of the rearranging, decluttering, packing, donating.
Relaxed.
Played Wii.
And wore everyone out.
We probably did more than that, but three weeks is a long time to re-cap. And I was one of the ones with an ear infection...and walking around with a muffled/amplified ear has made me feel totally out-of-sync. And if I don't take pictures I virtually have no memory of it (sad, but true)!
Once I put the Christmas tree away...and get my life organized...and my head clears this fog...and I make 100 more trips to Goodwill...maybe, just maybe, I'll be back to blogging.
I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!





























Comments
Questions for you:
(1) Where did you find that wooden kitchen? Also - how much did it cost? I think our girls would get hours of play from something like that.
(2) Have you been buying or donating things to Goodwill (or both)?
(3) Are those new bookcases by ClosetMaid? I've been eying similar ones.
Also - Paint By Number! I forgot about that! Kayla would love it.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=18452197