Distrubances

"Is there something in your life that not only disturbs you, but makes you a disturbance to others?"

For some reason I thought that was a funny observation. But since it came from Oswald Chambers in "My Utmost For His Highest" he probably wasn't trying to be funny.

Can you think of "issues" that disturb individuals and subsequently disturb others? A lot of situations could apply, but I immediately thought about the issue of unforgiveness. Unfortunately, it was at the forefront of my mind recently. During the course of a normal conversation a snide and sarcastic comment unexpectedly slipped out about a mutual acquaintance. Almost immediately I thought, "Where did that come from? That was totally inappropriate." If I'm honest, it goes back to an old issue that (still) disturbs me and reveals my unforgiveness. Obviously, I was also a disturbance to someone else that day.

Oswald Chambers goes on to say: If so, it is always something you cannot handle yourself...Be persistent with your disturbance until you get face to face with the Lord Himself...When Jesus asks what we want Him to do for us about the incredible problem that is confronting us, remember that He doesn't work in commonsense ways, but only in supernatural ways.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Thanks for your vulnerability and the good reminder to do a bit of self-analysis. The opening question is interesting to ponder...
Missy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said…
You're off to a good blogging start. Keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Layer Cake

Comments