Tomato update
As I've mentioned before my relationship with tomatoes is mixed.
This is what is happening currently in my garden of three tomatoes.
The tomatoes in the yellow and green cages are doing great! They are taller than the cages and I am considering adding a stake for extra support because those two are so top-heavy.
This is the third tomato. A "Sweet 100" Cherry tomato. For a while I thought it was dead. I ignored the tomato because we got distracted watching a cucumber plant send out tendrils and climb its way up and around and over the red cage. It grew about 5 nice beautiful cucumbers and then the cucumber plant mysteriously died. When I cut it away last week the cherry tomato was still alive. It hardly looks any bigger than when I planted it, but there are a few tomatoes struggling to grow. We'll see what happens!
So, that's my continuing tomato saga!
All I can say is that it's a good thing my family doesn't rely on my gardening for sustenance!
This is what is happening currently in my garden of three tomatoes.
The tomatoes in the yellow and green cages are doing great! They are taller than the cages and I am considering adding a stake for extra support because those two are so top-heavy.
These are "Cherry" tomatoes in the yellow cage. (That's exactly what it says on the label!)
They are pretty and round and flavorful, even if the skin is a bit thick.
And in the green cage is a Roma.
Both plants have done very well and we've eaten quite a few tomatoes.

This is the third tomato. A "Sweet 100" Cherry tomato. For a while I thought it was dead. I ignored the tomato because we got distracted watching a cucumber plant send out tendrils and climb its way up and around and over the red cage. It grew about 5 nice beautiful cucumbers and then the cucumber plant mysteriously died. When I cut it away last week the cherry tomato was still alive. It hardly looks any bigger than when I planted it, but there are a few tomatoes struggling to grow. We'll see what happens!
And late last week I discovered tomato horn worms!
I picked them off and have found a few more since then.
Any recommendations? Do I just have to keep watching for them?
I can not believe what an exact color match they are! They are sneaky!
So, that's my continuing tomato saga!
All I can say is that it's a good thing my family doesn't rely on my gardening for sustenance!





Comments