Just to Keep In Touch

I started to send a couple individual emails to keep in touch with friends far and near.  For the sake of speed, however, I'm sure everyone in ether-space is interested in what we've been up to here in Sunny Arizona. 

Andrew got it in his mind that he wanted to make a Blueberry Pie.  I told him we needed a lot of blueberries....6 cups.  So he saved exactly 6 blueberries for the pie!  Needless-to-say we made a trip to the store for 99 cent blueberries.  I used the America's Test Kitchen recipe for blueberry pie and the crust.  (That's for you Kimberly and you Grandpa.)  Good thing Tyler didn't marry me for my crust-making-ability!  (Need some tutoring from Cousin Beth and Aunt Mary K.)

I received this stack of books in the mail today, so this little picture is for Michelle and all my book group friends.  If you knew what a grin I had on my face while pulling them out you would know I am a bookworm...but that is also the same reason I bought them "from Tyler" for Valentine's Day.  They make me happy!  There are a couple book-group books, a "slightly imperfect" that was on super sale, a couple favorite authors and a book recommended by Kimberly.

I forgot I took this picture of two cousins with their Brown Blankies (AKA Big Brown) and their babies!  Aren't Cousins the BEST!! 

We've worked on the garden a couple times in the last few weeks.  Perhaps "worked" is not the right word.  Maybe Kaley could come help?  If she's up for the mud!?

My "Christmas Cactus" bloomed in early December and then bloomed again for Valentine's Day.  Crazy thing!  (This picture is for Grandma Gini.)

Spur of the moment, I took some pictures of the boys for Valentine's cards.  Here's one that didn't make the cut.  Too bad the sun was shining so brightly and I was positioned so unfortunately, that I ended up with a glare on most of the pictures!

We took a quick trip to Globe/San Carlos a couple weeks ago.  This was the view around the back of the Catalina's

~We put strawberry plants in the Earth Boxes today.
~I finished the TimberRidge series by Tamara Alexander in the past few weeks.
~We saw the Bodyology show with some new friends from Cameroon.
~"Please see a librarian for assistance.  You have reached the maximum number of items allowed."
~The ATK Chicken Sate recipe with Spicy Peanut Sauce is yummy.
~The Christmas tree is still up, but undecorated. 
~Andrew is enjoying The Uncle Wiggily game a lot these days. 
~It's time to submit paperwork for entries for the Fair...and I have no idea what to submit.

I guess that's enough for now. 
What are you up to these days?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cousins are the best!! As for pie crust tutoring - let me just say Marie and I are good friends:-) Aunt Mary K is the expert!
Cousin.Beth

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Layer Cake

Comments