#44 Do the Couch-to-5K Running Plan
Today I started Week 4 of The Couch-to-5K running plan. Honestly, I thought I was farther along since I've been walking/running regularly for at least 6 weeks now. And I've seen some minor but positive changes...I have more endurance for household things like getting around on the floor with the boys, some of my clothes seem to fit better and I feel less "puffy."
Anyway, today the proverbial rubber met the road with Week 4. The circut goes like this...jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, walk 2 1/2 minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes. And it was hard! Maybe that's how it's always supposed to be. But running for 5 minutes is not something I can do yet and today was the first time I physically felt like I just couldn't jog another step. And I feel nauseous. So maybe that means I'm doing something right.
Have I mentioned that I'm not a runner. I do not like it. I do not enjoy it. I am slow. I doubt I have good form. Give me some step-aerobics anyday. Perhaps that's very 90's, but there was a time in the 90's I could say, "That was the most fit I've ever been." Maybe I'll be able to say that again!
Anyway, today the proverbial rubber met the road with Week 4. The circut goes like this...jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, walk 2 1/2 minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes. And it was hard! Maybe that's how it's always supposed to be. But running for 5 minutes is not something I can do yet and today was the first time I physically felt like I just couldn't jog another step. And I feel nauseous. So maybe that means I'm doing something right.
Have I mentioned that I'm not a runner. I do not like it. I do not enjoy it. I am slow. I doubt I have good form. Give me some step-aerobics anyday. Perhaps that's very 90's, but there was a time in the 90's I could say, "That was the most fit I've ever been." Maybe I'll be able to say that again!
Comments
I missed the one at PHP last Saturday so I think I'm going to wait and do the Christmas 5K @ CHS.
I have a question for you: how do you "time" your intervals? Do you just look at your watch? That's what I do, but I'm wondering if there is an easier way.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net