# 71 Make homemade bread
Does bread machine homemade bread count as homemade bread?
I am the temporary owner of a bread machine since we are living at my brother-in-law's house while our house is getting an addition. Why a single, thirty-something man has a bread machine, and a nice one at that, is another story. But since I am the only one who has been in the kitchen for the past month, I have confiscated the bread machine.
Calvin and I took it on our maiden voyage today. I used the Basic White Bread recipe from the instruction manual, figuring the manufacturer would want to make a good impression with their product! Here's how it turned out.
I am the temporary owner of a bread machine since we are living at my brother-in-law's house while our house is getting an addition. Why a single, thirty-something man has a bread machine, and a nice one at that, is another story. But since I am the only one who has been in the kitchen for the past month, I have confiscated the bread machine.
Calvin and I took it on our maiden voyage today. I used the Basic White Bread recipe from the instruction manual, figuring the manufacturer would want to make a good impression with their product! Here's how it turned out.

The top is a little deflated, and the texture is a little "dense" but otherwise it tastes just like the bread-machine bread I've had from more proficient bread-machine bakers. I will admit that I did not use the freshest flour since I had a half a bag left over from another adventure. But overall I'm pretty pleased.
I can't wait to to try Raisin Bread and Dill Bread and Crusty French Bread and Potato Bread...
Comments
Cinnamon Raisin is our favorite.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net