The Good
I have heard it said that the good is the enemy of the great. I think it actually comes from the business world, but the same has been said inside the church. That becoming too busy with the many good things of God can be the enemy of His best.
Today I packed up those "good dishes" and gave them away. Where they end up is out of my hands. It's time to let go of the good so I have room for God's best.
I do not pretend to know what "God's best" is in this situation or any situation for that matter, but if obedience to His prompting is the only result it will be worth it. Still it never hurts to pray for exceedingly abundantly more than we can ask or imagine. (I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with dishes!) Thank you to the multiple friends who reminded me of that!
Now to Him Who, by...His power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]-- Ephesians 3:20 (Amp)
Today I packed up those "good dishes" and gave them away. Where they end up is out of my hands. It's time to let go of the good so I have room for God's best.
I do not pretend to know what "God's best" is in this situation or any situation for that matter, but if obedience to His prompting is the only result it will be worth it. Still it never hurts to pray for exceedingly abundantly more than we can ask or imagine. (I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with dishes!) Thank you to the multiple friends who reminded me of that! Now to Him Who, by...His power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]-- Ephesians 3:20 (Amp)
Comments