Graden: Week 18
Well, the garden is struggling. Between the heat and the squirrels they seem to be getting the best of the garden. Here are a few high-lights and low-lights.
The tomatoes are gangly and rather pathetic.
Here's evidence of both the squirrels and the sun at work on a bell pepper.

The squash suddenly and mysteriously died.
There are still some beautiful bell peppers.

And jalapenos.
And tomatoes.
I finally pulled the cilantro out. The ladybugs had long since disappeared and the usable part of the cilantro had been used. So I planted pumpkin seeds in their place. I have three baby plants looking happy and green so far.

All the herbs have gone to see, but I keep using them. And I actually love their little flowers.
Oregano with a friendly bee. He's probably not a friendly bee at all. Maybe he is, more accurately, a happy bee.
Parsley.
Basil. With our beautiful lawn in the background.
It's been over 100 degrees for the past few weeks....and for the foreseeable future. But Andrew and I still put on our gardening hats and water every morning. I guess we've given up running for now.
How does your garden grow?
The tomatoes are gangly and rather pathetic.
Here's evidence of both the squirrels and the sun at work on a bell pepper. 
The squash suddenly and mysteriously died.
There are still some beautiful bell peppers. 
And jalapenos.
And tomatoes.
I finally pulled the cilantro out. The ladybugs had long since disappeared and the usable part of the cilantro had been used. So I planted pumpkin seeds in their place. I have three baby plants looking happy and green so far. 
All the herbs have gone to see, but I keep using them. And I actually love their little flowers.
Oregano with a friendly bee. He's probably not a friendly bee at all. Maybe he is, more accurately, a happy bee.
Parsley.
Basil. With our beautiful lawn in the background.
It's been over 100 degrees for the past few weeks....and for the foreseeable future. But Andrew and I still put on our gardening hats and water every morning. I guess we've given up running for now. How does your garden grow?
Comments