Life's Cycles

My Father-in-Law found three of these beauties eating his parsley.

Tuesday night this one decided to find a comfortable spot on the ceiling of his plastic tub.

Wednesday morning Caterpillar #1 was already changing shape.
Caterpillar #2 was very fat and lethargic.
Caterpillar #3 went home to the great garden in the sky.

Wednesday afternoon both caterpillars were hanging out on the lid.
Caterpillar #1 was firmly attached by the hind end and had some silk near the head acting like a sling.

And what kind of crazy miracle happened overnight! Caterpillar #1 had a chrysalis by Thursday morning. How in the world did that form? I guess I've forgotten (or maybe never learned) my butterfly life cycles. It seems rather magical to me. (Calvin is interested, but I'm the one checking those crazy caterpillars every couple hours and taking photos!) I can not figure out how the caterpillar made the chrysalis. Time for some research, I suppose.

I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Layer Cake

Comments