Day 7: Luke 1-6
How's your reading going? I've been keeping up but I haven't found the prefect routine yet. I prefer to do Bible study/Bible reading in the afternoon when the boys are quiet napping or resting. But with Baby Boy #3 on the way we recently moved Andrew into Calvin's room. We have yet to find a workable afternoon nap/rest combination, so the afternoon has been hit-and-miss. I also often read or study in the evenings after the boys are in bed, so that has been part of my plan for this New Testament blast. Each day has been a little different, but I am striving not to let me perfectionism keep me from it.
All I wanted to say today is that I love Luke! It is my favorite gospel and has been for as long as I can remember. I love the inclusion of the Christmas story. I like that there are a lot of stories about women. And reading it now immediately following Matthew and Mark I realize that Luke's perspective is a little different from the other two authors. He seems to include different stories or the same stories with slightly different wording. Maybe it's Luke's medical background, maybe it's because his audience was intended to be both Jewish and Gentile; whatever the reason, Luke appeals to me.
All I wanted to say today is that I love Luke! It is my favorite gospel and has been for as long as I can remember. I love the inclusion of the Christmas story. I like that there are a lot of stories about women. And reading it now immediately following Matthew and Mark I realize that Luke's perspective is a little different from the other two authors. He seems to include different stories or the same stories with slightly different wording. Maybe it's Luke's medical background, maybe it's because his audience was intended to be both Jewish and Gentile; whatever the reason, Luke appeals to me.
Comments