Our Last Week Before Christmas

We spent the week cleaning up and finishing last minute tasks. 

Our fun included hosting an Open House for Tyler's birthday.  My trick this year was to serve food that didn't require forks.  For some reason that made everything a lot easier.  We had deli meats and cheese on small rolls, a veggie tray, chips and dip, and chocolates and cream puffs for dessert.  Super easy!

I promised Calvin we could put lights out front so he and I did that before the party.  He got a little tangled up!  ha


I forgot my camera on the day I took Calvin to the planetarium to see the Christmas show. 

Our big outing this week was initiated by my niece.  Her Christmas activity of choice?  Ride a city bus!
I thought that was a fabulous idea, so I invited myself along. 
To get from my sister's house to our destination (less than 2 miles away) would have required three different buses and taken an hour and a half!  That was a little more ambitious than we wanted to be with four kids who had never been on a bus.  So......we got in the car, headed to the mall area, parked the car and got on the bus. 
We left our two littlest kids home with Tyler! 
Our four big kids were very excited to pay the $1.50 fare.  


We waited excitedly for the bus, but the first bus to pass would have taken us in a different direction.  We made a big deal about getting on the right bus so that we could get to where we wanted to go.   
Andrew was then very concerned about getting on the right bus, "Is the right number?"
 As it turns out, kids are free!
 The girl who started it all!  On her first bus ride!

Don't those boys look like they could be from any city in the US?
Love that picture!
Our destination!!
Dunkin Donuts!!
We went all out and got a dozen donuts for the six of us with drinks all around!  We got lots of chocolate frosted donuts and we couldn't pass up the Christmas sprinkles.  Everyone was happy!
And I LOVE the Christmas donuts! 
Red with sprinkles!  Pink strawberry frosting with Christmas sprinkles!  And my favorite....a star donut with custard in the middle topped with white frosting and silver sprinkles!
Whether from familiarity, warmer temperatures or a sugar-high, the kids were much more animated on the way back.
I would call our spin on our city's public transportation a success!

 Have a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Stephanie said…
I love the finger food idea for a party! Easy. Great for kids. Less clean-up. :)

Also - I haven't been to Dunkin Donuts in FOREVER. My dad used to take us there almost every Saturday morning when we were kids.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Layer Cake

Comments