The Week's Christmas-Fun Activities
December 6 - St. Nicholas Day
A picnic and play time at the park.
December 8 - Packing peanut snow pictures with the cousins (and some Play-Doh too)
December 9 - Paper-chain-men and hand writing practice and a bowl of nature's treasures and lots of messes!
This day we also got to have breakfast/lunch with the grandparents at Millie's Pancake Haus and look at all their Christmas decorations.
Watch the amazing soil-disk absorb the water and expand....this big, says Calvin.

December 9-10 - Uncle Ted invited Tyler and the older boys over for Pizza and Christmas-Movies Night. So after the baby was in bed I got to spend the evening with Christmas music, tea and the sewing machine!
A picnic and play time at the park.
December 8 - Packing peanut snow pictures with the cousins (and some Play-Doh too)
December 9 - Paper-chain-men and hand writing practice and a bowl of nature's treasures and lots of messes!
This day we also got to have breakfast/lunch with the grandparents at Millie's Pancake Haus and look at all their Christmas decorations.
Watch the amazing soil-disk absorb the water and expand....this big, says Calvin.
Plant amaryllis (which was already starting to sprout in the box).

"It's Snowing!!"
From December 7 - (in the background notice) full size tracings of the boys!
Being intentional about engaging in fun things with my kids has been so good for me. (As you know, I'm a task-oriented, list person, so a To Do List For Fun is a good thing.) I've also discovered that I've really had to let perfectionism go in order to delve into each little project. I can't put off baking until the whole kitchen is spotless, I can't put a craft on hold until the tables are all clean, I can't wait to go do an activity until all the vacuuming is done. And, of course, the kids are happier to be doing something together.
What have you done for Christmas Fun already?











Comments