Compassion International
As I mentioned I am not an experienced, prolific, popular or even frequent blogger. So it came as a total surprise when out of the blue I was contacted by Compassion International and asked to consider adding a Compassion widgit to my site.
So after prayer and consideration, I am pleased to draw your attention to the new button to your left. Please check out Compassion and their incredibly comprehensive and successful children's charity.
Here's a summary from their annual report:
We'll talk more about Compassion in the future. But it is interesting how the timing fits with my memory verse from 2 Corinthians 9. He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.
Do you know Compassion International? Have you ever sponsored a child? Would you consider it?
So after prayer and consideration, I am pleased to draw your attention to the new button to your left. Please check out Compassion and their incredibly comprehensive and successful children's charity.
Here's a summary from their annual report:
Compassion, a Christian child advocacy ministry, tackles global poverty one child at a time. The ministry serves more than 1/2 million children in 26 of the world's poorest countries. Recognizing that poverty is more than a lack of money, Compassion works holistically through the local church, using a unique combination of spiritual, economic, social and physical development programs in more than 5,250 child development centers.
We'll talk more about Compassion in the future. But it is interesting how the timing fits with my memory verse from 2 Corinthians 9. He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.
Do you know Compassion International? Have you ever sponsored a child? Would you consider it?
Comments
I have to confess that I only got to day 1 on the homework this week. Hannah and I are leaving at 7am Wed. morning.But I have learned so much from this study! I think the thing that sticks out the most for me is that God supplies the seeds we need for sowing. But we have to do our part and actually use what He has given us. (I don't remember what week we talked about that). I am so proud of everyone in our group and how much we've grown and are still growing! It just thrills me to see God working in us!!! Donita, thank you again for being obedient to God and teaching us from the book of Ruth. I always get something out of our studies even when I'm facilitating but it was refreshing to sit back and from a different perspective see God at work. I also loved our homework last week when we had to find scriptures and pray a blessing over someone in our group. It's so funny how we forget to use God's word when things are going good. We need to remember to pray his word constantly! And this homework reminded me of that. By the way, I hope everyone is still putting God's Armor on every day!! I have to admitt, I have been a little "naked" a few mornings.:) I love you all so much and can't wait to see you at the potluck on March 3rd. I will email everyone before that when I have talked to the director at New Beginnings Women's Shelter. Have a fabulous 2wks. :)
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net